Major Polidor and Aaron Dove from the 335th Fighter Squadron flew support for the soldiers at COP Keating, October 3, 2009.
Major Aaron Dove signing prints
Major Mike Polidor and Major Aaron Dove
Michal Polidor Biography
Michal Polidor was born in Prague, Czech Republic in 1981 and immigrated to the United States in 1985, eventually settling down just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. In the summer of 2000 he was selected to attend the United States Air Force Academy. While at the Academy he was an Astronautical Engineering major, a four letter winner in ice hockey and an NCAA Academic All-American. Upon graduation from USAFA, he attended Undergraduate Pilot Training at Vance Air Force Base, Oklahoma where he learned to fly the T-37B and the T-38C.
Upon completion of pilot training he was assigned to Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, North Carolina and began flying the F-15E "Strike Eagle". While stationed at Seymour Johnson, he deployed in January 2008 and August 2009 to Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan flying the F-15E in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. He then served at Whiteman Air Force Base, MO as a B-2 and T-38 Instructor Pilot and the 509th Bomb Wing Executive Officer. In 2015 Michal was selected as an Olmsted Scholar, one of the most prestigious programs in the entire Department of Defense. He is currently earning a Master's Degree in International Relations at National Sun Yat-sen University in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Michal Polidor has more than 1900 hours in the B-2, F-15E, T-38, and T-37, including 420 combat hours.
- 2004 Bachelor of Science Degree in Astronautical Engineering, United States Air Force Academy, CO
- 2010 Graduate of Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 2011 Master of Arts Degree in Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, FL
- August 2004 – December 2004, DA-20 student, Introductory Flight Training, USAFA, CO
- December 2004 – January 2006, T-37 & T-38 student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, OK
- January 2006 – April 2006, T-38 student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, Moody AFB, GA
- April 2006 – July 2010, F-15E Instructor Pilot, Chief of Scheduling, 335th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
- July 2010 – July 2011, T-38 Pilot, Chief of 509 BW Command Post, Whiteman AFB, MO
- July 2011 – June 2015, B-2 Instructor Pilot, Wing Executive Officer, Whiteman AFB, MO
- June 2015 – Present, Olmsted Scholar, Washington DC and Kaohsiung Taiwan
- Rating: Senior Pilot
- Flight Hours: More than 1900
- Aircraft Flown: B-2, F-15E, T-38, T-37
Major Awards and Decorations:
- Distinguished Flying Cross
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Air Medal with 4 oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with 1 oak leaf cluster
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- Combat Readiness Medal
- 2004 Distinguished Graduate, United States Air Force Academy
- 2006 Academic Excellence Award, Undergraduate Pilot Training
- 2011 Col James Jabara Award
Effective Dates of Promotion:
- Second Lieutenant 2 Jun 2004
- First Lieutenant 2 Jun 2006
- Captain 2 Jun 2008
- Major 1 May 2014
MAJOR AARON J. DOVE
Major Aaron Dove is the 4th Training Squadron Assistant Director of Operations, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Goldsboro, NC.
Major Dove is a 2004 graduate of The University of West Florida with a degree in Mathematics. He was commissioned from OTS in February 2006 and was selected to attend the US Navy Joint Undergraduate Jet Navigator Training program at NAS Pensacola, Florida. He has two operational F-15E assignments at Seymour Johnson AFB, NC and RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom. He is currently an instructor Weapons Systems Officer (WSO) in the F-15E Formal Training Unit at Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C. with more than 1500 flight hours and has multiple deployments to CENTCOM in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM.
- 2004 Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, The University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL.
- 2006 Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 2013 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 1. Feb 2006 – Jul 2008, Student Navigator, USN Joint Undergraduate Jet Navigator Training, NAS Pensacola, FL.
- 2. Jul 2008 – Jun 2009, Student Weapons System Officer, F-15E Formal Training Unit, 334th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
- 3. Jun 2009 – Apr 2010, F-15E Weapons Systems Officer, Standardization and Evaluations Officer, 335th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
- 4. Apr 2010 – Dec 2011, F-15E Weapons Systems Officer, Scheduling Officer, 335th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
- 5. Dec 2011 – Aug 2012, Instructor F-15E Weapons Systems Officer, Assistant Chief of Scheduling, 335th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
- 6. Aug 2012 – Nov 2013, Instructor F-15E Weapons Systems Officer, Chief of Mission Planning, 492d Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, UK.
- 7. Nov 2013 – Oct 2014, F-15E Instructor Weapons Systems Officer, Special Assistant to the Commander, 492d Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, UK.
- 8. Oct 2014 – Jun 2015, F-15E Instructor Weapons Systems Officer, Flight Commander, 492d Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, UK.
- 9. Jun 2015 – Dec 2015, Student Instructor Weapons Systems Officer, F-15E Formal Training Unit, 334th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
- 10. Jan 2016 – Present, F-15E Instructor Weapons Systems Officer, F-15E Formal Training Unit, 4th Training Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC.
- Rating: Instructor Weapons Systems Officer
- Flight Hours: 1561
- Instructor Hours: 485
- Combat Hours: 427
- Primary Aircraft Flown: F-15E
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Distinguished Flying Cross
- Air Medal, 4 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Meritorious Unit Award, 5 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Combat Readiness Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal w/ Star Device
- Nuclear Defense Service Medal with N Device
- NATO Service Medal
- Wing Level
- ACC Safety Award of Distinction 2010
- Squadron Level
- 335 FS WSO of the Quarter 3rd Quarter 10
- 492 FS Instructor WSO of the Quarter 4th Quarter 12
- 492 FS Instructor WSO of the Quarter 2nd Quarter 14
- 492 FS Flight Commander of the Quarter 4th Quarter 14
- 334 FS Field Grade Officer of the Quarter 3rd Quarter 16
- Training Awards
- Top Third Flight, SOS Aug 12
- Top Gun A/A WSO, F-15E FTU Jun 09
- Top Graduate, Intermediate Phase, VT-4 JUNT Mar 07
- Contingency Operations
- DATA MASKED May 2015
- Operation NOBLE EAGLE Jun 12
- Operation ENDURING FREEDOM Sep 11 to Dec 11
- Operation NOBLE EAGLE Jun 11
- Operation NOBLE EAGLE May 10
- Operation ENDURING FREEDOM Aug 09 to Jan 10
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- Second Lieutenant 17 Deb 2006
- First Lieutenant 17 Feb 2008
- Captain 17 Feb 2010
- Major 1 Apr 2016
- (Current as of March 2017)